Mrs Miller, a recent visitor to Moel Famau writes in to warn dog owners about the dangers of blue algae.
This is a warning for all dog walkers. On Thursday 2nd September I walked my 7 year old healthy springer spaniel dog. I walked in the area of the summit during which time he drank from a stagnant black pool, 40 mins later he was unconscious and fitting.I called upon the Ranger who came and helped me down to my vehicle. I immediately went to the Vet where he continued fitting. They put him on a drip but said he would not last the night. Miraculously he has survived but his coordination is affected. The vet said it was most likely caused by THE HIGHLY TOXIC BLUE ALGAE. We have been so lucky that our much loved dog has made it.I believe warnings should be put out and a lot of water ways have alreay put alerts out eg Bala, The Lakes.